I am delighted to announce The Family Curator’s new consultation and coaching service now available through GenealogyDOTCoach, online genealogy coaching service.
To kick off American Archives Month, individual consultations on Saturday, October 1, 2016 from 12 noon – 4pm, are available for a special price of $15 for 15 minutes.
As the caretakers of our family memories and treasures, we know that inheriting a collection of family photos, documents, and artifacts can be overwhelming. Often, we don’t know where to start. Digitize? Preserve? Organize? I designed my book How to Archive Family Keepsakes as a step-by-step workbook, but maybe you’re stuck and need a little personal coaching. That’s why I am excited to offer individual, online curatorial consultations
What is your most urgent family history preservation question?
In July I presented a two-day seminar for the Dallas Genealogical Society that included a fun Heirloom Roadshow double-session where members shared preservation challenges and learned how to care for their treasures. It quickly became obvious we needed more time for attendees’ questions, so we set up an impromptu appointment schedule and I met with dozens of members for private 10-minute consultations.
We talked about how to rescue old tintypes, preserve religious artifacts, salvage a damaged gown, remove photos from old albums, and much more. But, how can you get your questions answered if you can’t attend a genealogy seminar or conference?
Online coaching through GenealogyDOTCoach is the next-best thing to asking your question live and in-person. Brief, focused, consultation sessions are a great way to get your questions asked and move forward with a project. Sometimes, it’s those little unanswered doubts that hold back our progress. That’s why I am so excited about offering individual, online consultation and coaching services.
Booking with The Family Curator is easy at GenealogyDOTCoach
- Visit GenealogyDOTCoach to schedule an appointment and make payment
- Upload one or two photos of your artifact, if needed.
- Check out Successful Session Tips to make the most of your appointment time
- Check your computer system for connection speed, audio and video with the email link sent prior to your appointment; the system works best with Chrome or Firefox.
- Log in a few minutes early and click START SESSION when the clock reaches zero.
This is a great chance to get the advice you need to move forward with your preservation, organizing, or digitizing project. Let me help you
- preserve a crumbling scrapbook or photo album
- safely display military medals and insignia
- preserve a collection of old family letters
- safely organize and sort family documents, photos, and artifacts
- discover the best digitizing option for your family collection
- get rid of musty odors in old papers or textiles
- get started with an inventory or catalog of your collection
- decide what inherited items to save, what to toss
A limited number of sessions are available on Saturday, October 1, 2016 at the special Archive Month Kick-Off price of $15 / 15 minutes. Reserve your spot today with The Family Curator at GenealogyDOTCoach. One session per person, please, for this special event.